- Images are mock up only for presale - please note there will be some difference with actual products (colour shown here is white but is actually undyed) - will be updated with real photos shortly.
Undyed 'natural colour' Tote bag
Small logo print on one side
Larger design and text print on one side
- Made from 100% Organic Cotton
- Certified under Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Fair Wear Foundation (FWF)
- Made in Tamil Nadu, India with Green energy
- Hand screen printed with non-toxic, water-based Permaset Inks
Native Australian Animals Tote Bag
The recent 2019-2020 bushfires in Australia resulted in the death of over 1.25 billion (most likely more) animals (due to direct impacts from the fires, without accounting for the animals that have subsequently died in the aftermath due to lack of food/shelter resources).
The fires have been coined as 'unprecedented' and we probably won't know the full scale of ecological impacts, especially long term for some time. Although many factors influenced the catastrophic fires, they are undoubtedly a direct result of climate change, due to anthropogenic effects and it is predicted that these catastrophic fire seasons will become the new norm in Australia.
The Australian government continues to ignore science and invest into the fossil fuel industry, at the expense of the health of our climate and ourselves. Here is a list of petitions to sign, if you believe our politicians should be held accountable for their negligent actions.
Species included in design:
The animals depicted are representational of a variety of native species impacted by the fires (but not to forget plants and insects that are severely under-represented in conservation efforts).
Grey-Headed Flying Fox (Pteropus poliocephalus) - Vulnerable
Greater Glider (Petauroides volans) - Vulnerable
Wedge Tailed Eagle (Aquila audax) - Least Concern
Common Wombat (Vombatus ursinus) - Least Concern
Glossy Black Cockatoo - (Calyptorhynchus lathami) - Least Concern
Spotted Tree Frog - (Litoria spenceri) - Critically Endangered
Goanna (Heath Monitor) - (Varanus rosenbergi) - Least Concern
Short Beaked Echidna - (Tachyglossus aculeatus) - Least Concern
Platypus - (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) - Near Threatened
Long Nosed Potoroo - (Potorous tridactylus) - Near Threatened
Koala - (Phascolarctos cinereus) - Vulnerable
20% of all proceeds from this item will be donated to organisations on the frontlines of conservation.
The donation will be split between:
- Cikananga Wildlife Centre to help rescue, rehabilitate and release wildlife from the illegal wildlife trade. Since the pandemic, the centre has not been able to accept any volunteers which is a vital source of income, providing essential foods and medicines for the rehabilitating animals.
- Seed to support Australia's first Indigenous youth-led climate network, fighting for climate justice. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are disproportionately affected by climate change and have been suffering injustices to their culture and community by the fossil fuel industry.
- WOTCH to help protect Victoria's native forests through the use of citizen science, community engagement and advocacy. Currently taking legal action to protect threatened species affected by the bushfires, while their habitat is being continually logged by VicForests.
- Carbon Positive Australia to help in regenerating the natural habitat of degraded, unused land, by planting native trees and shrubs indigenous to the area, offsetting carbon emissions of human activities.
- A small portion from the donation will also be kept aside in an 'emergency pot' - stored as a rainy day fund to support other organisations in times of crisis - which you will be informed and updated about when the need arises.